Sun, 01 Aug|
Bottle Lake Golf Club
Futures Canterbury North-East Hub Champs Qualifying - August 1st & 8th
Register for the first-ever Futures Canterbury Hub Champs! Qualifying Rounds Held at Bottle Lake Golf Club on Sunday 1st August and Sunday 8th August. Entry: Free for members of Futures Canterbury.
Time & Location
01 Aug 2021, 12:00 pm – 08 Aug 2021, 4:00 pm
Bottle Lake Golf Club, Parklands, Christchurch 8083, New Zealand
About The Event
We are excited for the upcoming Futures Canterbury Hub Champs!
North-East Hub Champs Qualifying Rounds are on the 1st August and/or the 8th August at Bottle Lake Golf Course
- Open to members of the North-East Hub
- 9 hole division and 18 Hole division
- There are two qualifying rounds with a player’s best Stableford score from one of these rounds being used to determine the field of 8 players for the match play rounds. You do not need to play both rounds to qualify - Please note there will be no rain check day should the 8th of August need to be cancelled.
- Plate and Flight divisions ( more details below)
You must be available on the following dates for the match rounds
- Sunday 22nd August, Rangiora
- Sunday 5th September, Waimairi Beach
- Sunday 12th September ( Final ) Christchurch
Full Event Conditions
· The Selwyn Hub Championships and North-East Hub Championships have two divisions 18-Hole and 9-Hole.
· The 18-Hole division is for hub members with a maximum Handicap Index of 36.4 *. This division is played from the white and yellow tees. Boys 13 years and over play from the white tees. Girls and under 13 boys play from the yellow tees.
· * A player that wants to play in the 18 hole division with a handicap index higher than the maximum index allowed needs to be 13 years old and over and must play off a 36.4 handicap.
· The 9-Hole division is played from the purple tees. An official handicap is required. There is no handicap restriction for this division.
· There are two qualifying rounds with a player’s best Stableford score from one of these rounds being used to determine the field of 8 players who qualify for the Championship match play field. The match play draw will be a seeded draw from those 8 players. Players are not required to play both qualifying rounds.
· The next 8 players outside the Championship field qualify for the Flight. Players eliminated in the first round of the Championship and Flight qualify for the Championship Plate and Flight Plate.
· The match play rounds are held over three Sundays with play on a knockout basis. Before entering all players must make sure they are available for all the match play dates.
Match Play Rounds
· Once the Playing Handicaps, plus any additional strokes, are determined, the difference between the players’ Course Handicaps is calculated and the player with the higher Course Handicap receives strokes based on their respective stroke allocations i.e., boys receive any shots relative to the men’s stroke holes and girls receive any shots relative to the women’s stroke holes.
· Match play games will finish when the match has been won. Where a match ends before 18/9 holes have been completed the players may opt to complete the 18 holes.
· If the match is all square after 18/9 holes players will continue down the first hole. If the match is square after playing the 1st hole the match will be from the 135m (white marker) on the first hole. If the match is still square it will be played from the 90m (red marker) on the 1st hole, to get a result.
· All acceptable scorecards are to be submitted for handicapping purposes.
Note: Rule 6.2b of the Rules of Handicapping will be applied where players competing against each other are playing from different sets of tees. The player playing the tee set with the higher par must receive additional strokes for the round, equal to the difference between the par of the tees they are playing and the tees with the lowest par. The additional strokes are added to the player’s Playing Handicap. As an example, White par 69 vs Yellow par 71, the difference is 2 therefore the player playing the Yellow tee marker adds two additional strokes to their Playing Handicap.